GOOD NEWS

The weekend came with the rains and it poured out it's floods. It left many like me stuck in the house and too lazy to do just about anything. It went this way up until Sunday morning so I could not go to church and decided to put some of that free time to good use.
I opened my laptop to drop a few twists to the plot of my second novel and I was struck with the temptation of checking my mail.





It was not like I was expecting any mail as such neither did I anticipate what my eyes finally got to behold. Voila! Congratulations was starring at me. I had submitted my article some four months back for a literary project ( An anthology of African stories on feminism). Here this mail was sitting pretty and adorable as it gazed at me.
A shout of joy and excitement was what followed next. I then believed the saying, " Good things come to those who wait."
The good news being that my story(The Escape) is among the twenty chosen stories to be published in the Afriwowri Literary Project.

Yassss.... Iz a goodnewss.

Comments

Popular Posts