Finding a Feather on My Path.



Yesterday, I found a feather sitting calmly on a keg in my garden.
At first, I was awash with fear. I was a little worried that a dangerous bird was lurking around. Yet in the same moment, another thought came to mind, that it could just be a harmless occurrence. Perhaps a stray bird had shed it's feathers. 

I moved on with other chores for the day and later shared my discovery with my family. I told my mother I had seen a feather in the garden and wondered if it meant anything. She would tell me it didn't mean anything, though she had asked where I had seen it specifically. I described I found the feather sitting undisturbed in the garden and she waved it off as nothing.


My inquisitive nature led me to google to see if finding a feather in one's path meant anything. The search results proved it had some spiritual undertone to it and there was also a logical explanation to this event.

The spiritual explanation for finding a feather on one's path, said it was the presence of angels around the vicinity. It also alluded that sometimes, a person's late loved one could be sending a sign to the living that they were protecting them.

The logical explanation which I settled for was that birds from time to time shed their feathers and this act is called Moulting.

Really Wild BirdFood Cọ says
"Moulting is the name given to the process which takes place when birds shed their old feathers to make space for new plumage."

Birds moulting and how long it takes is dependent on their species, age and time of the year.

Moulting occurs for birds during the period of recovery after rearing their young and it takes a lot of energy to replace their feathers.

This explanation satisfied my curiosity as to why I had found a feather on my path. An innocent bird had shed it's feather and the wind had brought it all the way to my quiet garden.

This discovery also meant that finding a feather on one's path was not a bad event but a fortunate encounter, just like we are fortunate to stumble on good things, situations and people.



Comments

Popular Posts