Jollof Rice Essays.

The students of my creative writing class were put to a test with an essay on the title "My love story with Jollof rice" and I will be sharing the best three entries.
The first is by an SS1 student.
Have a good read.







Abioye Excel
SS1   {13)year old

My immense love for jollof rice began when I attended a birthday party at my friend's house.
I went earlier than expected and I saw the way the women cooking stirred it in a huge pot. After they were done packing the food, they shared the rest to the guests that were around.
At first, I was reluctant to eat it but when i did, Oh my God!, I was speechless, I went blank for seconds. It was then I fell in love with Jollof rice.
It was so tasty and delicious that I requested for more and more. I ate the same rice for about a week. The way the maggi added more flavour to the jollof rice was captured by it's taste. The salt was adequately added and the aroma of the food was a story for another day.
The aroma made my mouth water and my nose more sensitive.The way and manner in which the onions were diced opened up my eyes to the beauty of physical ingredients. The groundnut oil left a taste in my tongue that i will never forget.The curry,thyme and tomatoes, hmmn...O my world,made me loose my mind and totally submit my all to jollof rice.
Ever since that day,I couldn't last two days without eating jollof rice. I can eat it up to four times in a day and five days a week.
Jollof rice has been my companion. It was able to fill me and satisfy me. It has brought life, energy and strength to me. I can't last a day without you my love, Jollof rice.

Comments

Popular Posts