Jollof Rice Essay (concluding part)


Okeke Christabel
SS3 (16)

Words can't express the delight I get when this word is mentioned. The thought of it makes my mouth water, imagining it in my mouth leaves me hungry. I call it the love of my life because it gives me that feeling of happiness and satisfaction.
So much words about my love life with this beauty that I can't help but reveal it's name. Anyway, my love is no other than the wonderful and sumptuous jollof rice.

I know you might say i am a glutton but I don't care and i just can't help myself when i smell the aroma coming on. I can keep on talking about my love but that wouldn't be nice, fair and polite of me if i don't get to introduce you to my love.
He is a very simple and wonderful food to cook. He is so good that he can be taken and made into different recipes.He can be cooked with " veggies" or he might like to go with the plantain. Oh! my God, my baby is so nice that he doesn't take much time to get cooked.I think he underatands the situation especially when you are hungry.
My baby's routine for each day before he is to be cooked goes thus; he must get washed after he has been parboiled,then he undergoes a second washing.After that I put in all the lovely ingredients that I know will make my baby look so beautiful. Then I put him a into the pot and make him cook for about thirty minutes. And my baby is ready to be eaten with anything and in anyway.

At times I wonder how life would be without my baby with me. I get stunned at how excited I feel at the aroma of my baby. I know for sure that I will forever love my baby that is if I don't get swayed away by another.










Usung Goodness
SS2,(13)

My love story with Jollof rice is endless to the extent I made it my favorite food. It is an international food which is eaten mostly in Nigeria. Jollof rice is mostly eaten at occasions like weddings, birthday parties, cermomies etc.
My love story with Jollof rice started when I was celebrating my one year old birthday which was actually the first time I ever tasted it.
I felt happy eating it because it was delicious in taste lovely and the aroma was attractive i couldn't resist it.
From the day I tasted it my love for jollof rice has become stronger and stronger by the day. I don't know what would have been my favorite food if i hadn't tasted jollof rice.

Comments

Popular Posts